Boston Asset Protection Lawyer
If you’re concerned about how well your loved ones will be taken care of after your death, it’s time to start estate planning. To protect your assets and the future security of your family, it’s important to develop a comprehensive and strategic estate plan. This will maximize what your beneficiaries receive and minimize your risk of incurring estate taxes.
Matthew Karr, Esq., at The Heritage Law Center is dedicated to helping clients like you build a strong estate plan. Our personalized approach and extensive knowledge will help you feel confident that you, your assets, and your loved ones will be protected. When you need an asset protection lawyer serving Boston to best prepare yourself for the future, we’re here to help.
What Are Assets?
Your assets comprise everything you’ve accumulated throughout your lifetime with value. Many Boston families’ estates include some or all of the following:
- Bank accounts
- Investments and annuities
- Equity in real estate
- Personal possessions, like jewelry or collections
- Retirement accounts
- A life insurance policy
- Business interests
When you die, your assets will be transferred to beneficiaries of your choosing. This typically includes your family and friends. Often, individuals prioritize their spouse and children to receive the bulk of their assets, and these assets help provide for these family members after the individual’s death.
Money from bank accounts and life insurance policies may secure living accommodations, afford educational or medical expenses, or cover necessities like rent and groceries. Developing a thorough plan with a Boston asset protection attorney is critical to ensure your assets are passed on to your loved ones and allocated according to your wishes.
With an asset protection lawyer serving Boston on your side, you can enjoy the security and knowledge of knowing that strategies are in place to guard your wealth. A lawyer like Matthew Karr, Esq., can help you choose the right estate planning tools and techniques for you and your family.
What Happens If I Don’t Act to Protect My Assets?
Unfortunately, your assets can be drained in many ways if you’re not prepared to protect them. Without a Boston asset protection attorney on your side, it’s easy to leave your loved ones far less than you saved for them.
So, what happens if you don’t take steps to protect your assets? Here are just a few ways your funds could be depleted:
- Excessive Taxation – When you have a significant amount of assets, you may be subject to taxation that may harm your assets. Your lawyer can help you minimize taxes, so the bulk of your estate will go to your loved ones.
- Unpaid Debts – Whether it’s medical debt or another type of debt, these debts can add up and deplete the amount left to your beneficiaries. Your lawyer can put a plan in place in an effort to protect your assets from creditors.
- Scams and Schemes – Many older adults lose thousands of dollars or more to scams that target them specifically. Your lawyer can help you place protections on your assets now, so these scams can’t hurt your long-term financial health.
- Long-Term Health Needs – Nursing homes and other long-term care can eat away at your savings. An asset protection attorney serving Boston can help you qualify for MassHealth, so you can get the care you need without draining your funds.
- Lawsuits – Unfortunately, people can face lawsuits, and those lawsuits can be costly. By taking action now, before you’re sued for a large, unfair sum of money, you can protect yourself and your future.
When it comes to protecting your family, don’t leave it up to chance. Our team, led by attorney Matthew Karr, Esq., is ready to help you insulate your assets from these financial blows. We’re here to help our clients safeguard their assets for their families and their future.
How an Asset Protection Lawyer Can Help
When your assets are at risk, it can make it difficult to enjoy your time now without thinking about the future. A savvy attorney like Matthew Karr, Esq. has the tools and knowledge you need to protect your assets. The Heritage Law Center even offers free reports about estate planning basics and saving on your taxes.
While writing a will or creating a trust can help you control how your assets are distributed, make sure to protect your assets with an experienced estate planning lawyer on your side. Your lawyer can talk to you about specific legal strategies and techniques for protection that meet your unique needs and help you avoid losing funds to probate court and other worries.
Plan With an Experienced Boston Asset Protection Attorney
Proper estate planning is critical to the financial security of you and your family. At The Heritage Law Center, we’re dedicated to protecting your estate so your loved ones can thrive with the money you’ve worked hard to earn.
If you need a skilled Boston asset protection lawyer, reach out for assistance. Call us at 617-299-6976 or fill out our online form below to secure your future today and speak with a lawyer serving Boston.